Potatoes for dinner
Does dinner also have to include a big chunk of meat? No, especially if you haven’t gone grocery shopping, are just feeling lazy or don’t have a lot of time.
This is the best recipe for a quick and filling meal with items you probably have in your fridge right now. It’s basiclly a loaded potato which really folks doesn’t always need to be next to a steak or piece of chicken. Loaded to the proportions it is a complete meal filled with dairy, veggies and yes meat (see the yummy bacon on there).
Loaded Potato Dinner
- 4 large Idaho potatoes
- 1 cup of green onions/scallions
- 1 cup (or more) shredded cheddar or colby cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 4 strips of bacon
- Boil the potatoes till soft and tender. Remove a bit less than half cutting lengthwise. Scoop a bit of the potato flesh out so you have a small indent to place the rest of your ingredients.
- Bake your bacon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper at 350º for 20 minutes till crisp.
- Sprinkle each potato with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese then top with the broccoli evenly dividing them to each potato. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese and bake them for about 10 mins at 350º degrees.
- Now everything’s out of the oven and you’re ready to dress your spuds. Crumble half of each bacon strip and add to each potato. Add a generous spoonful of sour cream to each. Top with chopped scallions and the other half of each bacon strip.
Dinner is served.